Saturday, January 10, 2009

OH MY GOD LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.





The lovely folks at Axiotron (makers of the enviable and only Mac tablet, the ModBook) were kind enough to use my artwork in their booth at MacWorld last week! HEEEEEEE!!! It's bizarre to see my work that big, being able to see so many stray pixels that close is like being able to count the clogged pores on your face. Or something like that. They even let me take the panels home, so now my living room and bedroom walls are just freaking amazing.

Once more with Bunnies!





I did art demos all week on the ModBooks, which is always a blast for me. I love performing ^_^ I do have some doodles from the week that I wanted to post, but I forgot to put them on my flash drive before I left (not to mention there was the occasional jerk who would use my demo ModBook when my back was turned, close Photoshop AND CLICK "DON'T SAVE" and muck around on Safari instead... which got them really far because there was no internet access there anyway, but I digress.) So, as soon as I get ahold of those doodles, up here they will go.

In other great news, the Octopus piece there snagged a Daily Deviation on DeviantArt a few days ago, which really warmed up my new year! I am also working on a piece for a gallery show in Chicago which is hush-hush for now but I will post process pics of it as soon as I get the "A-Okay" ;) Finally, there is also secret good news for "Family Trip Plus One", but I have to sit on that until a little later. All in all, this has been a spectacular start to the New Year and I hope that I have less of a gauntlet to run than I did last year.

^______^

10 comments:

Marco Antônio Gomes said...

Ohhhh awesome arts! *_________*

Smarkley said...

YEAH Steph! That must be a trip, seeing your art so huge.

How've you been? We need to chat! Email or somethin', I'm at markley.sarah@gmail.com . Miss ya!

Martin Brennand said...

DAAAAAAAYMN! That's awesome Steph! Who do I have to shmooze to get one of those? :P

Kassandra Heller said...

Wow!!! how many feet high are those?!! They're SO big! How did you get them home and do they really fit inside your living room! haha! Well that's just so cool!

Seg said...

Awesome sauce!

I still want to know how you can fit them at your place. They wouldn't fit in mine, that's for sure!

Gnarfdeath said...

wow! thats very rad! congrats! sorry to hear about those ruthless safari surfers...

Gerald de Dios said...

Steph! What's better than your illustrative work? Having them super-sized!!!! Did you get the glass panel too? I saw Andreas taking it to the hotel....It was yet another awesome year at the booth - glad to have worked with such talent.

STOVEPIPE.NET said...

Just use Time Machine to go back and get the PSDs, and great work by the way!

devin platts said...

that's one really cool thing about working with vectors :D they can reprint them HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!! :)

that is so rad hahah

xenos said...

a daily deviation and a modbook? that is a good day...